Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 2: A Day In the Life

If I could trade places with anyone in the world, just for one day... I would definitely choose to trade places with my amazing boyfriend, Rusty

 

It may seem strange that I would not choose to trade lives with someone famous, wealthy, or someone with a lot of power. But quite honestly, I don't have much of a desire to trade lives with any of those people. It may also seem strange that I WOULD choose to trade with someone that I see on a regular basis, and know so much about already. However, to me, it makes perfect sense. There are actually many reasons that I would love the opportunity to trade places with my darling boyfriend. ...Let me explain...

The first reason I would love to trade places with Rusty is so that I could learn to better appreciate him. Rusty is an incredibly hard worker. He works 12 hour graveyard shifts every week, and picks up extra electrician jobs every so often. He also goes to school, and is working on a locksmith course right now. To top off his already overflowing load, he is also in the National Guard. He ALWAYS helps in ANY way he can when someone he loves is in need. He is constantly sacrificing time, money, sleep, and more for me and his family. To me, Rusty is superman! He truly is amazing. Obviously I KNOW the hard work he does... But I believe that if I could trade places with him, even just for a day, I could better UNDERSTAND and appreciate all of his hard work and sacrifices. 

The second reason I would choose to trade places with Rusty is so that I could see myself through his eyes. Rusty is constantly complimenting my beauty and character. He always builds me up, and reminds me of my self worth. He always sees the best in me no matter what. ...However, I don't have the best self esteem/ confidence and sometimes I find it hard to believe what he says and see it myself. If I could trade places with Rusty, I could see what he sees in me, both inside and out, without my own criticism. I would love to see myself through the eyes of someone who loves me so unconditionally.

The last, and very most important reason that I would trade places with Rusty is to learn how to better support and be there for him. Rusty deserves the very BEST, and that is what I try to give him... But I would always like to do better and give him more. Trading places with him for a day would help me to better understand his needs and what I can do to help. I would love the opportunity to learn first hand how to be a better support for him!

...And there you have it! ...Day 2 complete!...
......................................................
..........................................
...............................
...................
.........
....
I know I'm already a week behind in my challenge... I should change that to "Week 2 complete!"! But I am still determined to finish my challenge, even if it does take longer than 30 days. Hey, I still think I'm making progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment